Travelling with Kids via South Africa

Written on 08/06/2019
Inside St Helena

Travel With Children Via South Africa

South Africa Immigration regulations require all children under the age of 18 travelling to South Africa to have an unabridged birth certificate, showing the names of both parents, even if travelling with them.  Children accompanied by one parent, must have consent from the absent parent via an affidavit and a copy of the absent parent’s passport.  The affidavit must not be more than 3 months old. 

For full details please see the Department of Home Affairs website


Article in UK Telegraph - travelling with children in South Africa.